7 Best Pet Insurance Companies in Indiana: 2022
All pet owners want to provide the best care for their furry companions, but the costs are quick to add up. A single surgery can cost thousands of dollars, and that doesn’t include exams or medications. Pet health insurance can reduce these costs in the event of an accident or illness.
Pet owners in Indiana have many providers to choose from, each offering different benefits. To help you narrow down your choices, we at the Home Media Review Team have researched the best pet insurers and compared their costs and plans. These are our top picks for pet insurance companies in Indiana.
Indiana’s 7 Best Pet Insurance Companies
Here are our top seven picks for the best pet insurance companies in Indiana based on our research.
- Lemonade: The most affordable packages
- Place: The most customizable
- Healthy paws: Our choice for affordable unlimited coverage
- Fig: Most flexible reimbursement rates
- kiss: Our choice to save money
- Fetch: Our choice for therapeutic coverage
- Trupanion: Most flexible franchise
Lemonade: the most affordable packages
To learn more: Lemonade Pet Insurance Review
Get a quote: Visit the Lemonade website
To learn more: Spot Pet Insurance Review
Get a quote: Visit the Spot website
Healthy Paws: Our pick for affordable unlimited coverage
To learn more: Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Review
Get a quote: Visit the Healthy Paws website
Figo: the most flexible reimbursement rates
Get a quote: Visit the Figo website
Embrace: our choice to save money
To learn more: Embrace Pet Insurance Review
Get a quote: Visit the Embrace website
Fetch: our choice for therapeutic coverage
To learn more: Retrieve pet insurance exam
Get a quote: Visit the Fetch website
Trupanion: the most flexible franchise
To learn more: Trupanion Pet Insurance Review
Get a quote: Visit the Trupanion website
Types of Pet Insurance Plans
There are three main types of pet insurance plans: accident only, accident and sickness, and welfare. Here’s what you can expect from each coverage option.
- Only in the event of an accident: Accident insurance plans only cover accident-related issues, such as broken bones, lacerations, swallowed objects, torn ligaments, and other internal or external injuries. These plans are usually the most affordable.
- Accident and illness: Accident and health insurance is more expensive but more comprehensive. They cover accident-related costs and illnesses, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, digestive problems, hereditary diseases, congenital diseases and more.
- Preventive care supplements: Most providers have at least one add-on option to cover preventative care such as routine exams, vaccinations, dental cleanings, flea and heartworm testing, etc. These costs are not covered in standard plans because they are considered expected, which means pet owners can plan for them.
In addition to plan types, you’ll need to consider other factors such as your annual limit, deductible, and reimbursement rate. Your annual limit is the maximum amount a provider will pay for your veterinary claims per year. The deductible is the maximum amount you will pay out of pocket per year or per condition, and the reimbursement rate is the percentage of each claim that the provider will pay.
A low reimbursement rate and high deductible will lower your monthly premium, but you’ll pay more out of pocket when you file a claim. Conversely, a high reimbursement rate and a low deductible will reduce your outgoings but increase your monthly rate.
How to Choose the Right Pet Insurance Provider
Each pet insurance provider has pros and cons, so choosing the best policy depends on your priorities. Here are some considerations to weigh.
- Your pet’s needs: Start by identifying the type of cover your pet needs. Do you have an accident-prone puppy or a breed of cat known for its hereditary problems? Do your dog’s teeth need a little more attention? Look for providers that offer coverage for the things your pet is most likely to need.
- Cost: Pet insurance is a smart investment, but still an additional monthly expense. Compare the costs of similar plans to see which company ticks the most boxes without overburdening you financially.
- Client satisfaction: Do your research before choosing a provider. Check out online reviews to see what real customers have to say about coverage, refund speed, customer service, and more. Consult sources such as the Better Business Bureau or call the company directly to get an idea of their service.
- Personalization: If what you are looking for is not offered under a standard accident and sickness insurance plan, are there additional options available? Do these supplements meet your pet’s needs? You may find that no pet insurance provider offers everything you want exactly the way you want, but you should be able to find a provider that allows enough customization to get you close.
The Bottom Line: Which is the Best Pet Insurance Company in Indiana?
There are many excellent pet insurance options available in Indiana. Each provider in this review has been thoroughly vetted and found to have multiple benefits. Embrace offers multiple savings opportunities for pet owners on a budget, while Spot allows customization and Figo provides a full refund. Lemonade offers bundling with your home insurance, and Fetch offers therapeutic coverage options.
Choosing the right pet insurance policy comes down to finding the coverage that best suits your pet’s needs and budget. We recommend comparing quotes from at least three vendors so you can make an informed decision.
Compare Pet Insurance Providers in Indiana
See how these Indiana pet insurance providers compare based on data collected through our secret shopping process.
*We obtained the sample monthly premiums above for an accident and sickness insurance policy for a 4-year-old medium-sized mixed-breed dog in Indiana. Prices can vary depending on your pet’s age, breed and location, so we recommend getting quotes directly from the companies for the most accurate cost information.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pet Insurance in Indiana
Methodology: Our Ranking System of the Best Pet Insurance Companies
Our review of pet insurance companies is based on extensive industry research that includes reading hundreds of customer reviews, simulating the quote and buying process, talking to representatives by phone to rate customer service experience and survey of 1,000 dog and cat owners nationwide to determine the most important elements of pet insurance coverage.
We rated each vendor on a 100-point scale based on these elements. We then divided the points earned for each vendor’s final score on a 5-point scale.
Here are more details on each factor and how they are weighted:
- Monthly fee (25 points): The amount each company charges for their pet insurance plans is an important part of a customer’s decision. The best pet insurance companies combine comprehensive coverage and plan options with affordable rates.
- Diets (15 points): Major pet insurance companies offer accident and sickness insurance plans, accident-only plans, and wellness or preventative care supplements to give customers the flexibility to choose a plan. that is best for their pet.
- Treatments covered (15 marks): With this factor, we rated companies based on the treatments and procedures they cover. Companies with a wide range of included treatments and unique coverages received more points than providers with more standard or general policies.
- Customization options (10 points): Customizing your policy is a valuable way to ensure that you only pay for what your pet needs. Providers with more annual limit, deductible and reimbursement rate options scored higher.
- Customer service (10 points): We rated companies on the accessibility and overall usability of their website, availability of customer service, mobile apps (if available), money back guarantees and veterinary telehealth options, awarding points to insurers with more customer experience offers.
- Industry reputation (10 points): To determine each company’s reputation in the industry, we reviewed up-to-date ratings and accreditation information from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and rated companies on their years of industry experience and their availability in the state.
- Waiting times (10 points): Companies with shorter accident, sickness and orthopedic wait times between the date of enrollment and the start date of coverage scored higher than companies with longer waiting times. longer waits.
- Eligible age (5 points): Some companies don’t offer policies for pets over a certain age. We have deducted points from providers who have age limits for covered pets.
We use our rating system to compare and contrast each company on key factors to help us determine the best pet insurance companies in the industry. Additionally, we keep our research up-to-date and review our reviews regularly.